At Spectra Color Corporation, we strive to reduce our energy consumption, pollution and waste by establishing efficient and green business practices – minimizing our impact as a company – as well as offering the most eco-friendly printing and mailing options available, therein reducing our impact as a printer and minimizing yours as a consumer.
Our design and production advisors are not just artisans at the press; the employees of Spectra Color Corporation double as your eco-advisors, guiding you toward the cleanest and greenest options for all your printing, packaging, and mailing needs. Our commitment toward sustainable printing is never ending. We strive to reduce our carbon footprint in everything we do.
Our Eco-Friendly Printing Practices Include
• We key into customer initiatives, e.g. customized "corrugate-less transport programs." Just share your objectives with us and we can help to develop a program to meet them.
• We use recyclable papers and disintegrating soy inks, the latter as required.
• We save on waste by recycling our ink to make black ink.
• We are the choice of high profile, internationally recognized leaders in green health and beauty product development and marketing.
• We save on transportation by setting up designated bulk shipment schedules.
• Sourcing only sustainable products, including 100% post-consumer recycled and FSC-certified papers
• Using soy- or vegetable-based inks for our traditional presses and non-toxic water-based inks for our large format printers
• Using recyclable print cartridges and printheads
• Using cleaning and processing solvents free of environmentally harmful Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
• Eliminating toxic chemicals from our plate making and plate processing by utilizing water based printing practices
• Printing digitally whenever possible, which saves paper and natural resources
• Providing in-house finishing, distribution, and mailing services, which saves natural resources by avoiding unnecessary transport from our warehouse to a second vendor
• Offering referrals, when possible, for long-distance jobs that would better serve the environment if processed in the client's immediate neighborhood
• Sourcing recyclable substrates for your large format print projects
• Working with companies who offer supplemental options to your standard recycling program - they will recycle your large format substrates as well as cover the cost of returning used materials to their facility
Our Eco Friendly Practices as a Business
• recycling and reusing paper and other office supplies
• Utilize recycling and compost all office waste
• Using environmentally regulated cleaning products around the office in the interest of sustainability and employee well being
• Using efficient lighting components to reduce electricity consumption
• Low flow plumbing instillations in order to reduce water consumption
• Planning jobs carefully to minimize our electricity use and paper waste
• Keeping track of our total energy usage and implementing strategies for offsetting the environmental impact
We are in compliance with all the environmental regulations set forth by nine different government agencies, state and local agencies, and municipalities which meet the standards for conserving resources, preventing pollution, and minimizing waste.
We know that printing green not only saves precious resources but also saves time, which in the end saves you and your business money.